Halinor was the previous Guardian of fire who, in the TV series, later joined the Council of Kandrakar. In the comics, she was banished from Kandrakar for questioning the Oracle letting Cassidy die. In the TV series, she was voiced by B. J. Ward.
She has blonde and has blue eyes.
Halinor's Guardian outfit has some differences between the comics and the TV series.
In the comics, Halinor had a pink top. The neck was curved, revealing her neck and on the left side, it had an arm sleeve missing. Instead of a sleeve, the left of the top ended with a swirl and connected to the back. Halinor had a sleeve covering her whole right arm with the end dangly and open. The top only covered her breasts and right arm, revealing her left arm and upper waist. Halinor also had blue/green trousers. These trousers ended to her shins and at the top, were two swirls hooked around her navel. Underneath the trousers were blue and green tights. For footwear, Halinor wore pink shoes.
In the TV series, Halinor appeared as a member of the congregation and as a kind-hearted but insecure and sometimes even cowardly woman.
In the comics, Halinor was banished from Kandrakar, along with Kadma, for blaming the Oracle for doing nothing to prevent Cassidy's death. She and Kadma went to live in Fadden Hills and started the Rising Star foundation to help children in need and to watch over Will.
She died before the start of the series, so never appeared in person in the comics, and was not a member of the congregation due to her conflict with the Oracle.
Halinor did not believe that the Guardians were strong enough to defeat the forces set against them, so during an especially hard battle she tried to steal the Aurameres (which provide the girls their powers) in order to become a Quinto-Guardian (a Guardian who controls all five elements). However, she accidentally put the Auremeres into Cornelia, who became the Quinto-Guardian instead. Nerissa used this weakness (betraying others when afraid) in order to take control of her. Nerissa glamoured herself as the Mage to sneak up on Halinor and make her a mind slave.
When Cassidy managed to break free of Nerissa's control, Halinor was soon released but was then imprisoned in the Seal of Nerissa, powerless as Nerissa drained all of her Guardians' power into herself. There, she attempted to contact Taranee with her telepathy, but only managed to cause her to have headaches. It was only when her and her fellow prisoners combined their powers that they managed to instruct Taranee and the others to defeat Phobos and Lord Cedric. After being set free, she rejoined the Council of Kandrakar.
Powers and abilities
In the comics, her element was never shown but she presumably had all of the powers of the current Guardian of that element.
Like Taranee Cook, the current Guardian of fire, Halinor has the power to control fire and temperature and possesses telepathic powers.
In the TV series, when Halinor was a member of the Council of Kandrakar, Halinor was shown to be able to burn the oxygen around Luba, knocking her unconscious and could create large force fields of fire to stop attacks. Halinor could also create enough heat with her hand to melt the ice that Tibor was encased in. As she was not connected to the Aurameres, it heavily drained her life force. Under Nerissa's control, she used the power of the Seal to fuel her power.
When she was under Nerissa's control, in her younger Guardian form, Halinor was able to create green fire, and it could be assumed that this was because they were more powerful than Taranee's normal red and orange flames because her powers were fueled by two Hearts instead of one or the fact that she had more experience with her power.
After Nerissa took control of Halinor and transformed her into her Guardian self with magnified powers, Halinor showed, even more, effects with her powers. Halinor could create and throw balls of fire. She could either produce one fireball or multiple ones and hurl them. She could also create a large sphere of intense fire and heat and fire it with extreme force from her hands. Halinor was shown to be able to increase the heat destroy and/or melt objects. She did this in when Cornelia encased Halinor with a trap of solidified mud. At this point, Halinor's power is twice as more powerful than Taranee's because her power was fueled by two hearts instead of one.
Halinor has displayed the power to communicate telepathically with other people. She did this to communicate with Taranee about the situation she, Nerissa, Cassidy, Kadma, Yan Lin, Guardian Yan Lin and Elyon were in. Halinor tried to reach her so that they could form a plan of some type of escape from their trap in the Heart of Meridian and to stop Phobos. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, Halinor managed to speak with Taranee telepathically.
List of powers
- Pyrokinesis : She can control and manipulate any fire or flame, even ones she did not create, and utilize them in any way imaginable. She possesses complete and precise control over their shape, size, intensity, density, temperature, and even color. She can breathe fire, cause huge, fiery explosions, and use fire to cut through objects. She can even form and control fireworks and dangerous infernos.
- Fire shield: She can create force fields of fire and bounce back attacks.
- Pyrokinetic constructs: She can create objects out of fire. Users can turn the fire into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence. Users who have mastered this ability can use it for almost any situation, creating anything they need.
- Fire ball projection: Create balls of fire.
- Ring creation: Create rings of fire.
- Disc generation: Throw whirling discs of fire and heat.
- Thermokinesis: She has the ability to manipulate temperature by thought. She can use pure thermal energy as a defensive barrier that vaporizes nearly all projectiles. She can melt any object or food like chocolate, ice, glass etc. She can absorb the heat of opponents.
- Heat sense: Sense the heat presence of others.
- Heat rays: She can fire heat rays from her fingertips to weld metal.
- Heat absorption: Absorb the heat of opponents.
- Telepathy: Contact the other Guardians through telepathy' read, project, and perceive thoughts of others as well as peoples' feelings, and memories, use her telepathic powers to stun or kill opponents.
- Understand the concept of dreams instantly.
- Animal communication: She can communicate with animals, such as dogs, dolphins, cats and ravens.
- Superhuman awareness
- Issue 016: The Mark of Nerissa (mentioned only)
- Issue 018: Fragments of Summer (flashback only)
- Issue 019: The Other Truth (flashback and pictured only)
- Halinor's role in the TV series is more prominent compared to her comic counterpart.
- In the comics, Halinor was never seen outside of flashbacks and photographs.
|W.I.T.C.H.||Will Vandom · Irma Lair · Taranee Cook · Cornelia Hale · Hay Lin · Orube|
|C.H.Y.K.N.||Cassidy · Halinor · Yan Lin · Kadma · Nerissa|
|Guardian elements||Quintessence · Water · Fire · Earth · Air|
|Items||Heart of Kandrakar · Aurameres|
|Background||Xin Jing · Four Dragons · Nymphs · Oracle · Kandrakar|
|Heroes:||W.I.T.C.H. (Guardians) · Yan Lin · The Oracle · Caleb · Blunk · Luba · Elyon Brown · Vathek · Aldarn · Drake · Tynar · Alborn · Miriadel · Ironwood · Bitterroot · Lilian Hale |
Regents of Earth: Matt Olsen · Mr. Huggles · Napoleon
|Villains:||Nerissa · Prince Phobos · Lord Cedric · Jeek|
Knights of Vengeance : Raythor · Tracker · Sandpit · Gargoyle · Frost · Miranda
Knights of Destruction: Shagon · Khor · Tridart · Ember
C.H.Y.K.N.: Cassidy · Halinor · Kadma
|Items:||Heart of Kandrakar · Aurameres · Heart of Zamballa · Seal of Nerissa · Horn of Hypnos · Tooth of the Tonga · Mage Ring · Great Ring|
|Planets:||Earth · Meridian · Kandrakar · Zamballa · Aridia|
|Episodes:||01 · 02 · 03 · 04 · 05 · 06 · 07 · 08 · 09 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26|