- Main article: /Transcript
The next day, the girls went to school. They wondered what had happened to Caleb after Cedric took him. When walking back home. Will went into an alley, while the other girls went straight. As she was walking into the alley. A portal appeared and Will accidentally went in the portal. All was left was her backpack, with the Heart of Kandrakar in it.
Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin must travel to Meridian after Will is captured by Cedric and Vathek. But they cannot transform without Will who dropped the Heart of Kandrakar in the struggle, and now the Heart leads them to find its Keeper. The girls make their way through Meridian, finding Will's pit-like prison, where she is being kept with Caleb and a smelly creature, Blunk. They throw the Heart down and transform, escaping the castle.
A one-eyed Gargoyle ambushes them at the portal, grabbing Irma through the portal but Will closes it on his hand. In the end, Hay Lin decides to have a name for the girls: W.I.T.C.H. In the B-story, the girls struggle to be Will's new friends.
- In the United States, this episode and It Begins aired together as a one-hour special to introduce the series, with the title "It Begins and It Resumes". Internationally, the two episodes aired separately.
- While the first half of the two-part episode had some additional changes made in the US version (see the respective section at It Begins for details), the second half was otherwise unchanged from the international version.
- In the comics, Vathek first appeared as an evil monster. In the TV series, at the beginning of the story he is already a good guy spying on Phobos for the rebel army.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Blunk, a major character not present in the comic books.
- Caleb explicitly states that he is 15 in this episode, making him one of the few characters to have an exact age given in the show itself.
- This episode marks the first time Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia and Hay Lin are in Meridian.
- Hay Lin points out in this episode that her and each of the girls' initials spell out "W.I.T.C.H."
- There are hints of romance between Caleb and Cornelia.
- Tinker Bell (spelled "Tinkerbell" in the DVD subtitles), The Wizard of Oz and George of the Jungle are referenced in this episode.
- The escape scene in the later episode Escape from Cavigor bears similarities to this one's, with Hay Lin looking for an exit and Cornelia and another Guardian (Taranee here but Irma in that episode) blocking the stairs.
Behind the scenes
- Fan discussion of the original broadcasts of this episode at Anime Superhero (formerly Toon Zone). Some episode threads also feature posts by members of the crew that worked on the show, including Andrew Nicholls (Andrewjn) and Justine Cheynet (witchinsider).
- This blog post by storyboard artist Philippe Saunier has storyboards for two scenes which are strongly reminiscent of scenes from this episode, but with significant differences. These are possibly early storyboards for this episode, although there are indications they may be from the unaired pilot; see that page for details.
|Heroes:||W.I.T.C.H. (Guardians) · Yan Lin · Elyon Brown · Caleb · Blunk · Vathek · Aldarn · Drake · Tynar · The Mage · Alborn · Miriadel|
|Villains:||Prince Phobos · Lord Cedric · Miranda · Tracker · Jeek · Raythor · Frost · Lothar|
|Items:||Heart of Kandrakar · Horn of Hypnos · Map of portals · Star of Threbe · Seal of Phobos · Book of Secrets · Spike wheel · Symbols of Elyon|
|Planets:||Earth · Meridian|
|Episodes:||01 · 02 · 03 · 04 · 05 · 06 · 07 · 08 · 09 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26|