On Kandrakar, W.I.T.C.H. told the Oracle about Nerissa's Knights of Destruction. The Oracle wonders how he could not see them coming. While searching for the answer, the Mage (Nerissa in disguise) told W.I.T.C.H. that until the Oracle regains his 'vision' they must be the eyes of the Council of Kandrakar.
Back on Earth, Cornelia revealed to Irma and Taranee that she signed them up for the car wash. While W.I.T.C.H. were gagging at Coach O'Neil in cut-offs, the Knights of Destruction attacked Kandrakar, the Fortress of Infinity, while Nerissa (still posing as the Mage) corrupted the original Guardian of fire, Halinor.
Blunk went to Earth and told the girls about the attack on Kandrakar. By accident, Cornelia received the power of a Quinto-Guardian, possessing all five elements and their additional abilities, and Nerissa tried to use this to her advantage.
Fortunately, the other W.I.T.C.H. girls came just in time to remind Cornelia that "being C alone is not nearly as fun".
- This episode bears similarities to issue 15 of the comics, with Cornelia possessing all of the Guardians' powers and making the decision later in the story to return them.
- In the comics, Will's father's name is Thomas. In the show, his name was changed to Tony/Anthony for legal reasons.
- During the battle of Kandrakar, Irma's top turned blue for a few frames.
- When Khor knocks over the other girls (minus Cornelia) at Kandrakar, Hay Lin is shown to be wearing her shoes while the other girls are barefoot, even though she left her shoes back on Earth with the other girls' shoes.
- When Will and Hay Lin washed the car, a close up of Hay Lin's feet showed her to be wearing dark blue socks rather than being barefoot.
Behind the scenes
- Fan discussion of the original broadcasts of this episode at Anime Superhero (formerly Toon Zone). Some episode threads also feature posts by members of the crew that worked on the show, including Andrew Nicholls (Andrewjn) and Justine Cheynet (witchinsider).
- Every second-season episode has a clear focus on one of the five main characters. This episode is one of 4 in the season to focus on Cornelia Hale.
- This episode marks the first actual appearance of Tony Vandom, who was presumably present at the end of the previous episode but not yet seen.
- It appears that alongside gaining the powers of the other Guardians, Cornelia also gains the power to conjure ice, although it is possible that, since she has power of water and air, she can conjure it straight away instead of combining powers like Irma and Hay Lin have to.
- We see Shagon with the Mage Ring, further hinting at a connection between Nerissa and the Mage.
- In is unknown what power Cornelia used that blasted Shagon with green energy (similar to his own power) in a gun like fashion. It is possibly a combination of multiple elements making it a power not normally accessible by one Guardian. Another possibility is it is a form of advanced telekinesis which Cornelia demonstrated on her own in T is for Trauma.
- This is the first time that we see Halinor using her former Guardian powers.
- Tridart's quote, "I love the smell of desperation in the morning", is a likely reference to the movie Apocalypse Now. This is not the only such occurrence in the series, as Phobos says a similar (but not identical) line in X is for Xanadu.
- Having abandoned their shoes to Blunk, all five girls went barefoot for the remainder of the episode, outside the activation of their powered-up forms. Even though some girls had socks on, they removed them to avoid tearing them up. This becomes an issue for the girls three times:
- Once, when Taranee stepped on Cornelia's bare foot by accident after flinching from a tremor, and she clutched her injured toes while wincing in pain.
- Again when everyone, Cornelia excluded, was shown following the loss of their powers, The girls were so flustered by the recent turn of events they forgot to reclaim their shoes from Blunk and remained barefoot. Will's bare feet were spotted and questioned, though it isn't exactly unnatural for someone to remove their shoes during a car wash, due to their difficulty to dry if they get wet and the unpleasant feeling of wearing soaked, soggy shoes.
- Finally, at the end of the episode, Cornelia noticed her friends were still barefoot. After spending so much time clad in boots that her Guardian form provides, she forgot she initially gave up her street footwear to Blunk. This clued her in that she's reverted to bare feet. After she looked down at her bare feet, she asked, with exhaustion in her voice, "Has anyone seen my shoes?"
|Heroes:||W.I.T.C.H. (Guardians) · Yan Lin · The Oracle · Caleb · Blunk · Luba · Elyon Brown · Vathek · Aldarn · Drake · Tynar · Alborn · Miriadel · Ironwood · Bitterroot · Lilian Hale |
Regents of Earth: Matt Olsen · Mr. Huggles · Napoleon
|Villains:||Nerissa · Prince Phobos · Lord Cedric · Jeek|
Knights of Vengeance : Raythor · Tracker · Sandpit · Gargoyle · Frost · Miranda
Knights of Destruction: Shagon · Khor · Tridart · Ember
C.H.Y.K.N.: Cassidy · Halinor · Kadma
|Items:||Heart of Kandrakar · Aurameres · Heart of Zamballa · Seal of Nerissa · Horn of Hypnos · Tooth of the Tonga · Mage Ring · Great Ring|
|Planets:||Earth · Meridian · Kandrakar · Zamballa · Aridia|
|Episodes:||01 · 02 · 03 · 04 · 05 · 06 · 07 · 08 · 09 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26|