Sheffield Institute is the school that the Guardians and Matt attend, Elyon also attended until her accession to the throne of Meridian when she left and was homeschooled. One teacher, Galgheita Rudolph, is a Meridianite, the one who stole the baby Elyon from Phobos. Caleb also attended temporarily to protect Queen Elyon.
Sheffield Institute was founded about 100 years ago by Sherwood Sheffield in a pumpkin patch and later the school administrator adopted the pumpkin and integrated it to the official seal of the school. The school is designed much like a castle.
There are only 400 students at the school, spanning from the 7th to 12th grade. Therefore, there are small classes with only about 15 students per class and 80 students per grade. Though it has not been stated in the comics or the TV series, in the chapter books, it is a private school. As in the comics, they teach Latin, a subject not common in most high schools, and due to the historic design of the school and the small classes, Sheffield Institute could be a private school, though Susan Vandom's financial difficulties suggest otherwise. In the TV series it is indirectly refereed to as such by its acceptance of exchange students.
Faculty and staff
- Dean Collins (History teacher)
- Mr. Horseberg (Math teacher)
- Tom Lair (Volunteer football coach)
- Ms. Knickerbocker's father
- Galgheita Rudolph (Math teacher)
- Dr. Folkner (School physician)
- Professor Karl Ritter (Exchange program supervisor)
- Professor Raphael Sylla (Computer sciences teacher, temporary)
- As of Issue 111: Teamwork
- This list is alphabetical by first name.
- Bess Grumper
- Cornelia Hale
- Courtney Grumper
- Hay Lin
- Irma Lair
- Kurt van Buren
- Laurent Hampton
- Martin Tubbs
- Matt Olsen
- Nashter (Known as "Nash")
- Nigel Ashcroft
- Shinobu Takeda
- Taranee Cook
- Uriah Dunn
- Will Vandom
- Elyon Brown
- Eric Lyndon
- Erin Peyton (Exchange student)
- Peter Cook
- Sondra (Formerly believed to be Exchange Student)
- Nerissa (in disguise as Stacey)
- Main article: Sheffield Institute/Gallery
Images of Sheffield Institute.