- Main article: /Transcript
In Meridian, Elyon was at the apogee of her powers and was excitedly preparing for tomorrow's Coronation but Phobos and Cedric were talking out of her earshot: there's something afoot that Phobos wasn't telling his sister: the Coronation was moved forward a day so that Phobos could drain Elyon's powers to prevent a rebel rescue.
Meanwhile, in Heatherfield, Caleb finally figured out with the Guardians' help a way to get his men across the Meridian Plains unseen - Portal - and immediately commenced the attack after Cornelia sensed Elyon was in danger!
Indeed, in Meridian, Phobos revealed to Elyon his true self, scaring her, then tied her to the throne in order to take her powers. Even worse, Lord Cedric, who lured Elyon into "coming home", revealed his true self, the people in the portraits of the royal family were goblin-like Meridian aristocrats siding with Prince Phobos all along, as did Miranda who revealed her true identity as Phobos' servant as well as her true spider-like form.
However, the Guardians, the Rebels, Matt, Blunk and some of Phobos's Guards who were converted by Tynar, began the invasion. The final battle was about to begin. The Guardians and Caleb's troops were winning until Phobos, who managed to steal some of Elyon's power, came and turned the tables on them but just before he could take the Heart of Kandrakar, Elyon (who was rescued by Cornelia) arrived and turned the tide of the battle.
With Elyon's help, Phobos was defeated and imprisoned along with Cedric and all of his monsters in the Mage's chamber in the Infinite City, but the Guards were forgiven and Elyon became the ruler of Meridian.
- At one point near the end of the episode, when the villagers were celebrating and the girls were still in their Guardian forms, Taranee was seen with her hair in the normal way she wears it instead of her Guardian dreadlocks.
Behind the scenes
- Fan discussion of the original broadcasts of this episode at Anime Superhero (formerly Toon Zone). Some episode threads also feature posts by members of the crew that worked on the show, including Andrew Nicholls (Andrewjn) and Justine Cheynet (witchinsider).
- This page has an example of digital composition for a scene from this episode, as well as one from The Stolen Heart.
- In this episode, Taranee exclaimed "Wait, you guys!" before Tynar appeared instead of after. During production, the writers were told to change this line to make it clearer as it was considered confusing for the target audience. However, the line remained in the episode essentially unchanged. Similar examples occurred with the scripts for A Service to The Community and The Battle of The Meridian Plains.
- Seen in the crowd cheering Elyon are Aketon (Aldarn's father), Alborn and Miriadel (Elyon's Earth parents) and Elias Van Dahl (the artist from Framed).
- Phobos' "You've failed me for the last time." is a likely reference to Darth Vader's line to Admiral Ozzel in The Empire Strikes Back.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20060207182247/http://www.nichollsvickers.com/valuable_lessons.pdf (archived version only)
|Heroes:||W.I.T.C.H. (Guardians) · Yan Lin · Elyon Brown · Caleb · Blunk · Vathek · Aldarn · Drake · Tynar · The Mage · Alborn · Miriadel|
|Villains:||Prince Phobos · Lord Cedric · Miranda · Tracker · Jeek · Raythor · Frost · Lothar|
|Items:||Heart of Kandrakar · Horn of Hypnos · Map of portals · Star of Threbe · Seal of Phobos · Book of Secrets · Spike wheel · Symbols of Elyon|
|Planets:||Earth · Meridian|
|Episodes:||01 · 02 · 03 · 04 · 05 · 06 · 07 · 08 · 09 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26|