- Main article: /Transcript
Every student at Sheffield Institute got their midterms back and everybody was just about happy with their grades, except Taranee. Cedric's disguise as a bookseller seemed to have attracted Cornelia, Elyon, Irma, Taranee, and Hay Lin to the store to look for history books (and to ogle at Cedric). While in the bookstore, the W.I.T.C.H. girls inadvertently touched an inversion point and found themselves in the middle of a Labyrinth inside Phobos’ castle.
Blunk, who was in the store at the time, managed to get word to Will, who accompanied Caleb on a rescue mission. Meanwhile, the others were smuggled out of the castle by a kitchen worker named Trill, who told them about Phobos' sister. The Tracker, a hunter working for Phobos, arrived and chased the girls through the woods until Will showed up with the Heart and the they quickly defeated him.
In the B-story, Caleb started work at The Silver Dragon restaurant.
- The part of the episode where the W.I.T.C.H. girls got trapped in a labyrinth inside the bookstore is similar to an event that occurred in issue 6 of the comics. It also bears some similarity to when they were trapped in the Book of Elements in issue 61.
- When Irma said, "You still think it's one of us?", Taranee's voice was heard. This may be an animation error instead of a voicing one, as earlier in the episode, it was Irma herself who was the biggest proponent of this theory among the girls.
- In this episode, Elyon stated that she doesn't eat doughnuts, but in Happy Birthday Will she was seen eating one. However, it is possible that she developed a mild distaste for them after Caleb (whom she was attracted to) gave her the doughnut and ditched her multiple times in the earlier episode. This is further supported by her immediately perking up and running to get a doughnut after being informed that "there's a really cute guy serving" in this episode.
- At the end of the episode, the teacher gave Taranee her midterm essay back, stating: "Your description of the Labyrinth, it's... it's almost as if you were there." This could be considered an error, as Taranee wrote and handed in the essay before the girls went to the labyrinth. However, particularly given that this hinges on the central plot of the episode rather than a minor detail, it seems unlikely that the writers would make such a mistake. They may have intended it to simply be a joke for the audience (perhaps referring to Taranee's intelligence), with Taranee's response of "Yeah. Almost." in a sheepish tone referring to her being nervous about giving away some indication of her adventures, as opposed to being about the content of the essay itself.
Behind the scenes
- Fan discussion of the original broadcasts of this episode at Anime Superhero (formerly Toon Zone). Some episode threads also feature posts by members of the crew that worked on the show, including Andrew Nicholls (Andrewjn) and Justine Cheynet (witchinsider).
- This episode marks the first appearances of Trill and the Tracker and Sniffer, as well as the concept of inversion points.
- The girls found out that Prince Phobos mistreats the Meridianite villagers, forcing them to work in his castle for a "pittance", as Trill put it, and stealing their life force to increase his powers.
- They also learned about the existence on Earth of Prince Phobos's sister, the true heir to the throne.
- The girls found out why Cedric stole the birth records in Happy Birthday Will, which seemed to put paid to their suspicions that he was looking for one of them.
- The girls visited Cedric's bookstore for the first time.
- Elyon exhibited a crush on Cedric and started to become friends with him.
- Cornelia was visibly distraught when Caleb was attacked by Sniffer, showing her growing affection for him.
- Despite not having a specific elemental ability until season 2, Will was not left without offensive powers in season 1 (as is commonly assumed). In this episode, she demonstrated superstrength by cracking a stone foundation. Similar demonstrations occurred in The Battle of The Meridian Plains.
|Heroes:||W.I.T.C.H. (Guardians) · Yan Lin · Elyon Brown · Caleb · Blunk · Vathek · Aldarn · Drake · Tynar · The Mage · Alborn · Miriadel|
|Villains:||Prince Phobos · Lord Cedric · Miranda · Tracker · Jeek · Raythor · Frost · Lothar|
|Items:||Heart of Kandrakar · Horn of Hypnos · Map of portals · Star of Threbe · Seal of Phobos · Book of Secrets · Spike wheel · Symbols of Elyon|
|Planets:||Earth · Meridian|
|Episodes:||01 · 02 · 03 · 04 · 05 · 06 · 07 · 08 · 09 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · 25 · 26|