When Lightning Strikes is the first novel of the W.I.T.C.H. Adventures series. It was written by Lene Kaaberbøl and first published in Denmark by Egmont in 2002. An English version was released in the USA by Hyperion Books for Children in 2004.
Excerpt from the book
Suddenly a sharp flash was lightened and it swelled and sparkled around us. And just as suddenly, it stopped and disappeared. Oh no, I thought, not a new power failure. Or did it belong to the ride itself. No I had felt where the power increased and where it disappeared, I felt where it jumped over.... to Danny. It felt like my heart was about to stop.
Will has a romantic crush on Danny Nova, a new boy in school. He's cute, nice, and the best dancer! But there is something strange about Danny... Soon after he comes to town, mysterious power outages start happening. Will isn't in the dark for long, and she and her four best friends set off on a dangerous journey to solve the mystery. Will needs to use her exceptionally powerful elemental ability over pure energy to prove just how strong her Heart truly is.
- Halian/Daniel "Danny" Nova (only appearance)
- Solanna (only appearance)
Mystical Objects of Immense Power
- This seems to take place between the finale of The Twelve Portals and premiere of Nerissa's Revenge arc of the comic book series. It is not based off the TV show.
- Irma: "That's better. This is more like me."
- Hay Lin: "Time to go home. Better hide the Heart again, Will."